Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How to make me fall in love

It’s a Wednesday morning. I don’t have to work until noon and the roommate is off today. We plan to grab breakfast and pick up a few enthralling goods including a bath mat, coffee, and toilet paper. The roommate comes out of the bathroom, a cloud of steam whooshing out behind him. His hair is wet and curly and he smells like soap. He walks by and yells “WOOOOOO!”, a loud whoop, right from his belly. 

“What are you so excited about?” I ask, giggling. 

“LIFE!” he answers.

I glance in his direction. He’s totally serious.

His happiness about everyday things like breakfast and errands is contagious. It’s spring, and the sun is out. The smell of coffee brewing wafts through the air. We are cozy in our little apartment. Right now, in this moment, I am completely happy and carefree. 

I take this moment, fold it up, and tuck it away. My little savings bank of bright, shiny moments, so that I never forget how it feels - to fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment