Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dilemma

We're all guilty of ridiculous-first-world-dilemmas once in a while. Even Pop.
Tonight, trying to decide if he should shower before bed: "It's a real struggle...when you shower twice in one day, do you wash your hair again, or just wet it? I never know."

Oh! Also! I should mention - if any of you ever meet my dad, do NOT, under any circumstances mention that you read about him on the Internet. Even if there's a lull in the conversation, and you feel things getting a little awkward, and he's staring at you with that look that says "what are YOU looking at?"
Dad does not understand the Internet. He thinks that me writing the word P-O-P online will set off an alarm to Russian spies who will come and "get my bank account number and steal all my money." Cause the Internet is "freaky," and he doesn't want to be "out there." These are direct quotes you guys!

Last night a friend who was over for a beer mentioned that he saw something about me and Pop splitting wood on Facebook. Before I could give him the "OH DEAR GOD NO!" sign, he said it, and the look on Dad's face was pure fear, followed by one very loud "BULLSHIT!"
I kid you not, people. It took me about a month to teach him how to check messages (one tiny, little button.) We had a rotary phone until I was about 18.

Almost every night, if he sees me on my cell phone, he threatens to "throw your stupid little machine off the end of the dock."
I have a feeling he's not bluffing.

So yeah, let's just keep his little musings between you and me, Internet.

Cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment