Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Valentine

 
 
For my birthday last week, Damien, along with his family, my family, and a couple of friends all chipped in to buy me a Nikon D3200 camera. My new camera arrived yesterday, and I couldn't be more thrilled with it. For me, this means a few things: 
 
1. I will be able to take some really kickass pictures, and share them with you! I hope you like them. 
 
2. When I pull out my camera, Damien will no longer be covering his face, running to hide, or giving me a hard time about the amount of photos I take. On the contrary, he's super happy when I pull out my camera and start experimenting because, after all, it was his idea.
 
I was never much for Valentines Day, primarily because most years I was single. I referred to the 'holiday' as 'Singles Awareness Day,' and hung out with my single girlfriends making fun of people who got flowers and chocolate and pink and white teddy bears. 
 
I'm still not much for Valentines Day, believing (as my Dad always taught me,) that we should be showing our love our partners every day, not just on one particular day. Damien is out of town so I'll be spending this Valentines Day alone, which suits me just fine. But I will admit, I got a little caught up in it this afternoon, when I came home from work to a card that said:
 
I love being with you. It doesn't seem to matter what we do or where we are, we always have a good time. I never knew anyone more fun than you are, and I'm really glad we're together. 
 
Happy Valentines Day. 
 
I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. If you're single, remember it's just a day designed to sell flowers and chocolates and pink and white teddy bears. If you're not single, though, let it be a great excuse to fill your partner's day with love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment