Sunday, June 17, 2012

Keds

I received this email from my Aunt Mare one morning this week.

Hi!
 I got a new pair of white Keds tonight (first new pair in many years).
I have them on with my housecoat right now.
They are making me think of Mary McGossie and Nana and summers at Nellie and your mom and you two while you were growing up.
Wonderful memories are gliding through my mind and I have a big smile on my face.
Just thought I would share the feeling…
I love you.
Mare
xoxo

I have a pair of navy blue Keds, but I never realized that they make me think of all of these things too. Along with my Grandma Weber, scurrying around the kitchen, preparing a monumental lunch that would pass as a supper in any other household. Hers might have been slightly soil-stained, having just picked the tomatoes and cucumbers that are now sitting on the table. 



Amazing what memories inanimate objects can stir up. Amazing what a pair of shoes can do. 

Thanks Aunt Mare. You totally made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment