Friday, February 12, 2010

Great with goodbyes

As I pack up the room that has become so cozy over the past nine months, and, one by one, say goodbye to the wonderful people that have crossed through my life here, I find am having very mixed emotions. 


Yesterday, the office threw me a beautiful lunch and gave me a pen and a desk mug for my new job. Last night, I had dinner at Mama Maria's (who also happens to be my former boss), and this morning I'm off for the last Friday breakfast with the girls. Tomorrow, I'll head to Toronto for a weekend with some of the best friends I've met since moving here, who bought me new sweaters and scarves for my new job as a reporter about town. 


I have to say, I've done pretty well in the "meeting amazing people" department in North Bay. For some reason, these folks have come into my life, even if just for a brief moment, and for that I feel so lucky. Both my home friends and work friends have supported me through so much this past couple of years, including bad dates, family problems, good dates, and finally through this next step. Their goodbyes have made my leaving heart-wrenching, yet I'm heading off with such a sense of support, peace, and calm. 


There really are no words to say how grateful I am for every experience, every long talk, late night, wonderful meal, and great soul I've been privileged to here in North Bay. 


Except maybe, thank you. 


It's been real North Bay... from Kate McLaren on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you already beauty in the birches!xo

    ReplyDelete