Saturday, April 6, 2013

Shiny and new



When I marry Damien in five months (FIVE MONTHS!), I'll be gaining a husband who laughs at my dumb jokes and dumb t.v. commercials in a high-pitched giggle that makes me giggle every time. I'll be gaining a husband who not only listens when I talk about the things I find on Pinterest, but when asked where he found the recipe for tonight's sausage and pepper penne answered "Pinterest!" with no shame whatsoever. I'll be gaining a husband who tolerates doing the groceries by himself and enjoys trying new recipes, but also likes watching hockey, drinking beer, and can catch a fly ball and make it look smooth as buttah. 

One of the best things I'll be gaining, though, is a brand new family. With my Dad and Gilly, that makes EIGHT whole people in my immediate family. Damien and I both come from pretty small (immediate) families, so having those extras feels so great. There's always tons of laughter and good food and interesting conversations and great advice. And the only thing I had to do go get this new, shiny family was fall in love and get engaged, which really wasn't so hard at all.

 
I feel like I got a really good bargain. Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment